Iran’s supreme leader hits back at US nuclear proposal - FT中文网
登录×
电子邮件/用户名
密码
记住我
请输入邮箱和密码进行绑定操作:
请输入手机号码,通过短信验证(目前仅支持中国大陆地区的手机号):
请您阅读我们的用户注册协议隐私权保护政策,点击下方按钮即视为您接受。
战争

Iran’s supreme leader hits back at US nuclear proposal

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s comments are his first since US submitted proposed deal to Tehran
00:00

{"text":[[{"start":8.28,"text":"Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has hit back at a US proposal on Tehran’s nuclear programme, describing the Trump administration as “rude” and “thoughtless”."}],[{"start":21.86,"text":"In his first comments since the US submitted over the weekend what it described as a “detailed and acceptable” proposal for a deal on the issue, Iran’s ultimate decision maker reiterated that the Islamic republic would not stop enriching uranium."}],[{"start":40.51,"text":"“The impolite and rude leaders of the US say this [that Iran should not have a nuclear industry],” Khamenei said in a speech on Wednesday."}],[{"start":51.25,"text":"“Our response to the loud and reckless nonsense of a thoughtless US administration is clear,” he said, in comments also aimed at Israel’s more aggressive line on Iran’s nuclear programme. “The current US and Zionist leaders should know they cannot do a damn thing about this.”"}],[{"start":72.93,"text":"Enrichment, which can produce both nuclear fuel and weapons-grade material, is at the heart of the US-Iran talks."}],[{"start":81.47,"text":"US President Donald Trump has repeatedly demanded that Tehran must dismantle its programme altogether, arguing it is necessary to prevent Tehran acquiring nuclear weapons."}],[{"start":94.27,"text":"Trump on Wednesday accused Iran of “slowwalking their decision”. “Time is running out on Iran’s decision pertaining to nuclear weapons, which must be made quickly,” he said on Truth Social."}],[{"start":108.72,"text":"He said he had spoken to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who “suggested that he will participate in the discussions with Iran and that he could, perhaps, be helpful in getting this brought to a rapid conclusion”."}],[{"start":123.22,"text":"However, Ali Shamkhani, an adviser to Iran’s supreme leader, criticised the US proposal as the work of “inexperienced” individuals, citing its failure to mention the lifting of sanctions — a “crucial” demand of the Islamic republic, according to the Fars News Agency. He added that Iran would be sending its own proposal to the US. "}],[{"start":146.05,"text":"Recent reports have said Washington has proposed allowing Iran to continue enriching uranium at low levels under an interim deal, before later halting it. Two European officials confirmed that the Trump administration had been briefing that it would allow Iran to conduct low-level enrichment under an interim deal."}],[{"start":168.99,"text":"Diplomats say ongoing discussions between the two sides also include forming a consortium, which would involve the US and regional countries, to develop new facilities for low-level uranium enrichment. It is unclear where the facilities would be located."}],[{"start":187.82,"text":"But Trump this week again insisted Iran must completely dismantle its nuclear programme."}],[{"start":195.37,"text":"Iran’s leaders have described stopping enrichment on the country’s soil as a red line, saying the nuclear programme is for civilian use and Tehran has a right to enrich uranium as a signatory to the non-proliferation treaty."}],[{"start":211.3,"text":"“If we have 100 nuclear plants without uranium enrichment, it’s useless,” Khamenei said."}],[{"start":219.45000000000002,"text":"Washington and Tehran have so far held five rounds of talks, facilitated by Oman, with Trump threatening military action if negotiations break down."}],[{"start":231.65,"text":"But the discussions have been complicated by mixed messages from the US and the historic distrust between the two adversaries."}],[{"start":242.18,"text":"Trump, who abandoned an earlier nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers during his first term, has reimposed sanctions on the Islamic republic since returning to office this year as part of his “maximum pressure” campaign."}],[{"start":259.76,"text":"Iran, in turn, has continued to expand enrichment, with a UN nuclear watchdog finding that it had increased its stockpile of uranium enriched to near weapons grade by about 50 per cent since February."}],[{"start":277.71,"text":"Iran’s leaders say they will not leave the negotiating table, and hope that Gulf states such as Saudi Arabia can help persuade Trump to avoid military escalation and urge Israel to do the same."}],[{"start":292.15999999999997,"text":"Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araghchi said in a post on X that his country “has paid dearly” to have nuclear capabilities. “To reiterate: No enrichment, no deal. No nuclear weapons, we have a deal.”"}],[{"start":308.2,"text":"“We have been consistent about our position on uranium enrichment. It is the US that cannot make up its mind,” a senior Iranian official told the Financial Times, without revealing details about the US proposal. “Nonetheless, we are working towards holding the sixth round of talks.”"}],[{"start":330.09,"text":"A regional consortium could offer both Iran and the US a way to claim a form of victory."}],[{"start":336.98999999999995,"text":"Iran would be able to meet its domestic civilian needs, while the US could assert that it has dismantled critical uranium conversion and processing infrastructure, thereby preventing Tehran from ever developing a nuclear bomb."}],[{"start":353.72999999999996,"text":"The idea has been raised before but never got off the ground because Iran always wanted it to be based in the republic."}],[{"start":362.37999999999994,"text":"“Iran is looking for a way to guarantee its right to enrichment, while embedding that right in trust building and guarantees,” said Sanam Vakil, head of the Middle East programme at Chatham House."}],[{"start":376.66999999999996,"text":"“The problem of where we are is they are negotiating in the public domain,” Vakil said. “Instead of seeing compromise and progress, we are seeing high-level officials, if not heads of state, negotiating over social media, which is not conducive to a compromise.”"}],[{"start":395.21999999999997,"text":"Additional reporting by Andrew England in London and Henry Foy in Brussels"}],[{"start":409.47999999999996,"text":""}]],"url":"https://audio.ftmailbox.cn/album/a_1749080335_6815.mp3"}

版权声明:本文版权归FT中文网所有,未经允许任何单位或个人不得转载,复制或以任何其他方式使用本文全部或部分,侵权必究。

丽莎•库克:与特朗普交锋的美联储理事

这名经济学家与总统的法律对决将对美国央行产生深远影响。

如何管理投资组合中美国资产的主导地位

美元对冲需求依旧强劲,但投资者可能不得不寻找其他出路。

Lex专栏:乌克兰重建为欧洲企业打开机遇之窗

财报电话会透露,已有数十家公司开始关注这一机遇。

Lex专栏:私募基金找到应对“截止日期危机”的新途径

2021年兴起且通常生命周期为3到5年的接续基金自身正接近截止日期。收购公司不得不再次展现创造力。

微软谈判恐将把OpenAI重组推迟至明年

这家软件巨头希望保留对这家初创公司技术的使用权,同时删除“通用人工智能(AGI)条款”

人工智能如何重塑艰难的药物发现流程

研究机构寄望于科技来提升获批几率。
2天前
设置字号×
最小
较小
默认
较大
最大
分享×